THE PUBLIC IS INVITED TO ATTEND
The Texarkana Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) will hold a public meeting to solicit comments for an amendment to the 2015-2040 Texarkana Metropolitan Transportation Plan (MTP) on Thursday, April 6, 2017, in the Texarkana, TX Council Chambers, from 5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. The purpose of this meeting is to discuss additional proposed projects in the MTP. Proposed projects include:
- Construction of one-way frontage roads along IH 30 from FM 3419 to FM 989,
- Widening IH 30 from 4 lanes to 6 lanes from FM 989 to State Line,
- Widening FM 989 from IH 30 North frontage road to Gibson Lane,
- Widening US 82 from 2 lanes to 4 lanes for IH 369 to FM 989
- Widening FM 989 from 4 lanes to 6 lanes divided from IH 30 to S Frontage road to S of US 82
- Widening US 67 from existing 4 lanes undivided highway to 4 lanes divided
- Courthouse Square Initiative
- Cowhorn Creek Linear Park Trail
- Gibson Lane Extension
- Extension of North Kenwood
- Route Study for I69 from Texarkana to Atlanta
- Improvements to South Stateline
MPO Staff will be present to answer questions and receive comments. All citizens are invited to express their views and discuss the projects.
Those interested in attending the meeting who have special communication or accommodation needs are encourage to contact us at 903-798-3927 by noon Monday, April 4, 2017. The MPO will make reasonable efforts to accommodate these needs.
The public is encouraged to review and comment on the proposed projects of the MTP during the comment period from March 21 to April 21, 2017.
The document and comment forms will be available for review online at www.texarkanampo.org and at the Texarkana Metropolitan Planning Organization.
Written comments may be mailed, e-mailed, faxed or delivered to:
PO Box 1967 – 75504
220 Texas Boulevard, 1st Floor
Texarkana, Texas 75501
(903) 798-3773 (fax)